Once you book your yacht charter and your holiday or charter day arrives, the excitement kicks in and you start to think “What shall I take” Wether you are going on a private day charter or a weekly charter, here are a few tips for you. This is guidance only, but can help you plan and pack.
Planning your yacht charter
Planning is a very important part of your yacht charter experience, discuss all your needs with your broker, let them take the stress away and arrange everything for you. This can include your tailored itinerary, food and beverages or even some sight-seeing.
Check, Valid Passports… Tick….. Yacht charter contract… Tick…..Ready to pack!
Pack your bags:
1.Use soft sided luggage, as these are easy to stow away when not in use.
2. Take your charter contract with you.
3. Sunblock/lotion, the outside decks and lounging areas are too inviting, top up your tan safely.
4. Use travel size bottles for Shampoo, shower gel and other toiletries.
5. Clothing, should be light and comfortable, not forgetting your swimming attire, sunglasses and a hat.
6. Shoes, once on board, wear soft white soled shoes, or with bare feet. Bare feet and care free is the most popular choice.
7. Camera, keep your treasured memories.
8. Mobile phone, upload your social media pages, be the envy of your friends. Tag as you go!
9. Chargers and adaptors.
10. Dry zipped bags, for phone, camera etc whilst on the decks, or anything personal to keep safe and dry.
For a Day charter
1.Take your charter contract with you.
2. Soft beach bags for your essentials, smaller the better.
3. Take a beach towel, as not all day charters include towels.
4. Sun block or sun lotion.
5. Check with your broker what is included in your day charter, some yachts have complimentary water toys for your use.
6. Camera, for your fun filled day.. Ready, steady… action!
7. Playlist, listen to your favourite tunes.
8. Just for fun, something you might like to take: Binoculars, playing cards, a good book.
Plan your meal or snacks
Your broker will be able to guide you for your food and beverage packages. Platters normally work well or opt for a private chef. Private charters mean that they are tailored to suit your needs, feel free to make suggestions and requests.
Remember to drink plenty of water!
Always listen to your Captain or crew
You are in professional hands whilst on your charter, however it is important to listen to your safety brief, this will tell you where the life jackets are and/or the life rafts in case of emergency.
Can you smoke on a yacht?
It is always best to ask about the smoking policy of each yacht with your broker. However most yachts allow smoking, in a designated smoking area.
Advise your crew:
If you or your guests have any medical conditions that could affect the safety of anyone on the yacht.
Any food allergies.
Anything you are not sure about, a potential problem, speak to your Captain.
Shoes off! kick back, relax and off you go
Our full range of charter yachts are listed here on our website: www,tradermarine.com.mt
We are also on Instagram – please follow us
Photo credits: Luggage/select yachts. Beach bag/Sacqua.